Saturday, August 8, 2009

Matapouri Vacation

On Thursday, 23 July, I took my children Nyasha, Sku, Kudzai and PJ to Matapouri for a four day holiday. We arrived there around 5pm and unloaded the car boot and headed for the beach. It is a lovely beach and the boy and girls all liked it.

PJ enjoyed being there, bu was reluctant to take a dip in the water, so kept saying 'noda kushimudywa' meaning he wanted me to carry him all the time.

Nyasha tried in vain to throw a sealed plastic coca cola bottle into the waves so it could float away. It kept being swept back to shore.

Sku and Nyasha dug a deep well in the sands with their new swimming gear and enjoyed every moment of it. Kudzai kept running into the water and away from it each time the waves pounded the shoreline - that despite the fact she was feeling very cold. She kept screaming which is one thing she enjoys. It was nice that the weather wasn't so bad.

We had no vodafone network and had to drive up the Whalebay lookout to have vodafone coverage. It suited me well coz I did not want constant interruptions as I was spending some quality, happy and fine moments with my children, my own flesh and blood.

Sku has since done a painting that shows the Matapouri Beach itself. Great paint work indeed.


No comments: