Monday, May 14, 2007

Eve of Mothers Day

On Saturday, the eve of Mothers Day, I accompanied my elder daughter for her swimming lessons and she enjoyed it. Meanwhile, I read a Toastmaster ans was to later answer some questions from her regarding why I was constantly looking at my magazine each time she looked at me. I thought I had caught her stare each time she looked at me but I had been caught out. So, I apologised and promised to see each and every bit of her swimming next week.

Around 4pm, we did what we are accustomed to doing when we have family friends around. We had the Madakasis (Rob, Loice and Panashe) and the Wiltons (Dr Wilton, Theresa, and Ruth). So we had our barbie. Yes barbequed the chicken, fish, beef, and mushroom. And we told stories. Meanwhile the wives (Fortunate, Theresa, and Loice) were busy making the sadza, the soup, the greens, and the salads inside. We got full marks for the work we did on the meat. And you all know where it ends when we get such full marks.

At the table, one of us promised never to touch beef again when asked by the wifey why he had changed his greens regime. He was naturally allowed to eat but we aren't sure whether he wasn't given some(beating) when he got home.

We finished off by discussing what good things God had done for us all and finished our fellowship meeting with a prayer from Pastor Rob.

What a night it was for all of us.

No comments: