Friday, July 11, 2008

The boys are coming back - now in Singapore

Yes, the Patricks are coming back. We arrived in Singapore at 520am this morning and have now moved to terminal 3 whence we will board our flight.

Singapore is cool as. It's airport Changi is totally air-conditioned and we love it. The people are friendly and not suspicious like our very owb Zimbos who apparently asked us to take off our shoes and belts at their security check-point prior to boarding our SA-bound flight. It shocked me.

Not only was I shocked by that. Read this - While on he plane just before take-off, I asked one elderly looking air hostess for a child restraint belt and was told I simply had to hold him on my lap and hold him tight. She told me Air Zimbabwe was a very safe airline which adhered to international safety standards. When I told her major airlines use the belt I was asking for she politically told me that Air Zimbabwe was ahead of the pack and was convinced my tight hold on my baby would be adequate.

That's when I retorted and told her Air Zimbabwe only had three planes and I wouldn't consider incident-free flying based on three aircraft as worth of real consideration. It was a politically correct answer from an airline employee hell bent on saving the face of her employer.

She was indeed giving me an order to accept that she was correct which is what Zimbabwean Zanoid politicians try to do to every one of us.

And talking about intimidation - I felt I was being intimidated when some war vets from my area asked me to explain who I was on the Saturday I arrived at my rural home. I told them I was a brother to Wisdom but they went - Dread we know and the Australian based brother we know , and went on to ask me who I really was. Crazy but true. That is our Zimbabwe.

Fortunate, Sku, and Lisa - we are coming.

No comments: